King Henry

Although I hate to seem like someone who jumps on a bandwagon, the moment I saw King Henry play I knew he needed support. Yes I will admit it, being in Canada and not knowing much about football, or soccer as they call it here, seeing a player play with such finesse and technicality meant I had found my new favourite player. Yes it is the one, the only, Thierry "The King" Henry.Embedded image permalink
Growing up in Canada, football was not very popular during my younger years, and scarce matches were shown on TV. However, there were a few and most often these matches would be classic derbys between Arsenal and Manchester United.The most notable attracting would be no one other than TH14, who always managed to score exciting goals from numerous places on the pitch, giving Arsenal fans trophies to look forward to by the end of the season. These Arsenal fans include myself , who soon became a huge fan of Henry's.

When 2007 came around, it broke my heart to hear that 'The King' was leaving for the Nou Camp. I could not fathom the club's all time goal scorer leaving, but I then discovered something else about myself. Thierry Henry is the player who made me watch football, but it was Arsenal FC that kept me watching, not him. Once he left, I knew that I was too much of an Arsenal fan to follow Thierry to Barcelona, unlike some others that I know.

All this being said, I just want to thank Thierry Henry for his service to the club for 8 magnificent seasons at the club, helping deliver 7 trophies to Highbury. Most importantly however, I want to thank Thierry for making me an Arsenal fan and Gooner for life!

@ZachAFC

This content was produced exclusively for ZachAFC.blogspot.com and can be reproduced with attribution, please.